WriteBash - How to install rkhunter on CentOS 6? rkhunter is a small program for Unix / Linux has the ability to detect rootkits. This article will give you the script to install rkhunter on CentOS 6.
About the script
I wrote this script to simplify the installation of rkhunter on CentOS 6. Besides, this is also a fast archive source.
This script has 2 main parts:
- Check if the current user is root. This script needs root user to install.
- Install Rootkit Hunter, update database and system file properties.
- OS: CentOS 6.9 (Final) 64 bit
- Rootkit Hunter version 1.4.6
Use the script to install rkhunter on CentOS 6
Now, to use this script, you first need to download the script with the following command.
wget https://gitlab.com/Danny_Pham/WriteBash.com/raw/master/Install/08-Script_install_rkhunter_on_CentOS_6.sh -O /home/install.sh
You then grant the executable permission to the script.
chmod 700 /home/install.sh
And finally, execute the script.
Check the result
After the script completes the installation (may take a few minutes). You can use the following command to perform manual scanning rootkits.
If your installation is finished as image above, then you have successfully installed this software on CentOS 6. In the next article, I will give you a script that will scan rootkits with rkhunter automatically.If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.
If you appreciate what we share in this blog, you can support us by:
- Stay connected to: Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | YouTube
- Subscribe email to recieve new posts from us: Sign up now.
- Start your own blog with SSD VPS - Free Let's Encrypt SSL ($2.5/month).
- Become a Supporter - Make a contribution via PayPal.
- Support us by purchasing Ribbon Lite Child theme being using on this website.
We are thankful for your support.